Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Project Fever in Full Force

I am very happy to be a Canadian girl. Most of my family actually lives in the U.S. (Atlanta, San Diego and Seattle). They were all born here but they've been in the States for years and years - I have made many, many wonderful trips to Texas and I even got to go to California and Georgia. Both my brothers are married to American girls and all their kids are American so I like to think that right beside the maple leaf stamped on my heart, there's a few stars and stripes too!

But, I live in Canada and that means winter. Lots of winter. It's only been the last couple of weeks that I can get outside and get on to some of my big projects. This summer's plans include pulling out the weed garden in the pool area and putting in the patio stones leftover from my patio installation two years ago. That way, we will be able to fit a table and chairs big enough so that all three of my kids can sit down at the same time, doesn't that sound nice?


I put the old patio set up for sale on Kijiji (like Craigslist) so that will make some room. I have to finish painting the gorgeous lounge chairs that my husband made for me last summer - we have a deal: he makes it into furniture and I make it pretty. Last year, I didn't quite get around to making these pretty - but I'm getting there - after I took this photo, I got about half way through (those slats are a real killer!)



And because we are moving our aluminum patio set into the enclosed pool area, I will need a new table on the patio, right? After careful consideration, I picked out the table I wanted, chose the paint colour and bought the paint - how does it look?

  


Ok, so I still have a bit of work ahead of me, but I am really looking forward to it. It rained today which set me back a bit, oh and that full time job thing gets in they way... but we're moving forward and that's all that matters!

And today, we settled on new colours for the house - we are getting the entire exterior repainted in Benjamin Moore's Monterey White and Georgian Green. We have been saving up for a long time to get it done; it's too big a project to do ourselves and the house really needs it - it's quite dreadful right now - I'm sure I will be getting Thank You notes from the neighbours!

I will be sure to share the finished projects...


4 comments:

  1. I can relate to the excitement of winter's over! I live in Pittsburgh where we only have two seasons, unfortunately they're not my two favorite...now that summer's finally here it's too hot to get anything done, so I bite my tongue and work in the morning and at night when the temps are lower...but bit by bit it will all get done...I can't wait to see how it all turns out, esp. the house painting
    Karajeanne
    http://decor-voyeur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. *applause* to your hubby on building those lounge chairs, that is very cool. Can't wait to see what they look like when you paint them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah i'm happy winter season is over. And here comes summer, I work all day busy cleaning my yard.. Lucky for your husband he build those lounge chairs, Cool.. I'm so excited for your next post in your blog. the finish products.. lol
    Have a nice day..

    Patio Lounge Chairs

    ReplyDelete

  4. I read your article that seems to be an amazing and interesting one.
    I would like to clarify what services that you simply provided to us.ibelink bm-k1 kda kadena miner (5.3th) For Sale

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...